Monday, June 11, 2007







So we went to Black River which is up in the AZ mountains with Jeff's family for one last trip before we move to Colorado. It rained pretty hard on us in the morning and yes I caught fish all by myself. Later on in the day 4 of us were chilling in the car with the windows rolled down and a brown bear jumped up and put its paws up on the door. Jeff's brother quickly response with "Hey Buddy" and when I look back I see this bear on the car and yell at Jeff who is watching "The Office" on his ipod. I scared it away from the car and it headed over to my father-in-law's truck and jumps in the back and opens up the cooler and takes a bag of strawberries we had packed. It was pretty wild but amazing to see a brown bear so close up. Afterwards it walked around the camp so we took this shot.







6 comments:

Barb said...

I can't believe your story about the bear! Amazing! You are such an amazing woman to be doing all this adventuring while pregnant! I would be complaining my head off!

Blake and Amy Clayton said...

Annie! It is fun to see pictures of you. I am glad you are having fun adventures and are also expecting a baby. How wonderful! Love, Amy Young Clayton

Zane and Lexi said...

annie! horray for having a blog! it will be fun to stay in touch and see how you guys like colorado! crazy bear story - I would freak out!

The Preece Family said...

I hope it was "catch and release"... (jk)...cool bear story too. I'll have to show Steve the pics.

The Preece Family said...

P.S. - Why aren't we "linked" on your site?? :) http://preecefamily.blogspot.com

Z said...

Wow Annie this is a side of you I've never seen before! It's good to see you embracing the outdoors part in you :) Hope you guys are having fun in CO but not too much because we want you to come back to UT!!!