Friday, August 17, 2007

Family Reunion

I wouldn't be caught dead posting a picture of me in my swimming attire at this stage in my pregnancy, or anystage for that matter! So here is one of my Hubby! what a man!

Of course to top it all off we, ok jeff, since I couldn't do anything but swim, enjoyed all kinds of water sports.


My Dad is known for his "Gospel trivia" game where he puts together a quiz of sorts on church history and questions on doctrine. On the trip we were divided up into teams and each one got a prize. . .$$$$ based on how well our team did! We have never been more motivated to scripture chase in our lives! let's just say I was on the losing team, but Jeff made up for it by his winning team!




Yes that is my cute grandpa getting into character to set the mood for the days to come, treasure hunts, dance contests, game nights, etc. Of couse you can't come to powell without doing a little fishing. . .on the dock!












Ahoy from the waters of Lake Powell! We just set foot back on dry land and what an adventure we had. Each year we have a family reunion with the Smoot side of the family and this years theme was "pirates of the caspian!" (That is the name of my parents house boat) We started off the first night eating mexican food and catching up with the family, then the crowd of 30+ headed over to the antilope marina to hop on deck one of the two house boats.









5 comments:

Cotter said...

every single thing about your house boat trip sounds like my house boat trip last summer. pirate day, games (except yours were more spiritual) and pregnancy. anyway, looks like fun.

Shido said...

I count $3400 in C notes. I'm gonna suggest this for the next Brimhall family reunion. :)

How much did you guys win?

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie! So good to hear from you! I found your blog through Barb too. I love that she has everything together. I would absolutely love to get together with you if you are ever coming down this way. Or for that matter I can always head up there too. Congratulations on the marriage and the baby! I hope you are doing awesome!

Unknown said...

"The Caspian" is the name of the house boat.. not the pirates of the Caspian silly.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Hey Annie-
Its so good to see what you are up to these days! Congrats on the baby--I hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy!
Chelsea (McNeil) Johnson