Friday, August 17, 2007

my own demo derby...





So last monday on my daily outing someone decided that i needed to add a little excitement to my everyday routine, so they hit me from behind! Yes, I was in an accident and not responsible for it this time. I was squashed between two F150s (also known as man trucks). Truthfully I knew I was ok, but being in the pregnant stage that I am I couldn't stop laughing because I couldn't stop crying. Once I discovered I was ok it was on to the baby. The police officer insisted that before I see my own doctor they call in the paramedics to look me over. So 10 min later a fire truck pulls up and out step 5 guys. . . I was already uncomfortable with the idea of being examined in the middle of a parking lot, but by a bunch of guys in fire gear! Luckly the last to arrive was a lady, to my relief, and she gave me the ok. However the nurse at my Doc's office was less then pleased and insisted I come straight way to the hospital. Jeff and I ended up spending 6+ hours while they ran tests. I think I left the hospital more sore from sitting on a hard bed then the actual impact from the accident. However, they said all was well and sent me on my way. It was just a taste of what is to come on my next hospital visit, which hopefully won't be until November!

7 comments:

Linasolopoesie said...

For case I find myself in yours blog. It compliments that beautiful family that you are. I see a beautifulst mrs. blond, me seems that she is in a hospital? even and them because it has give birth. I wanted to read what it is written in the blog, but with the translator they have not succeeded. however I make my better auguries you for the beautiful family you are. if you want to visit mine blog. anch'io I have postato the photos of my family. I waited for you Hello… Angela

Steve and Liz Evans said...

scary Annie! O hope you really are ok emotionally. I completely understand about worrying that the baby is ok. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured!

Barb said...

What an experience! I'm so glad you're ok and that the baby is, too! From your post it sounds like you have decided to look at the situation with a sense of humor and that's good. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is nice and boring from now on!! Miss you!

Cotter said...

okay that is the worst. i am sorry. how random though that you were stuck in between two of the same trucks. wierd

Brynn and Jesse said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad to hear everything is alright! What a crazy story!!

ebv said...

So good to hear that the babe is OK. Take care over there!!

Shido said...

Glad you and the baby are okay.

Jeff, sweet Arc'teryx and nice new dell!

Miss you guys