Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Race is on.....




Last Saturday I decided I would participate in my first race. Before you go cheering me on it was only a 5k, which for those of you who need translating is 3.2 miles. It was a race benefiting cures for lung cancer. I was able to run it with a good friend of mine, Megan Marchant, who was pushing her 11 month old son in a jogger. We were no speed demons but with the finish line in site we decided to finish strong. She gave me the look and I knew it was time to kick it up a gear. Just as we were approaching the finish line, being cheered on by a big crowd, her stoller decided to take its own coarse right in my direction. Let's just say I was the only runner to roll across the finish line and I have the scars to prove it now. My ego was bruised the most, but I have made a full recovery and now have a great story to go with it! Hey, at least I can honestly say after falling I got up and finished the race!

3 comments:

Barb said...

You look so great, Annie! And Tate is getting so big!

Meggin said...

You made that sound like it wasn't my fault--thanks! Hope you are getting better and that you won't have any permanent scars!

Heather said...

OH MY! i can't believe you!!! that is awesome!! way to go! that is some serious running... I can't hardly run at all! it is SERIOUS Business to me! CONGRATS!!