Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our fabulous fourth of July!

Our little family headed for the mountains to celebrate our freedom...and to get some real rocky mountain fresh air over the weekend of the fourth! Our first stop was Breckenridge...the home of our future cabin. It is one of the only towns not effected by the pine beetles who have destroyed thousands of pine trees in the Rockies. We started the weekend at the base of a fourteen-er and hiked our way up. It was breath taking! Tatum was such a good sport that we even considered going all the way to the top, until she started passing out in her backpack. It looked so uncomfortable I ended up carrying her down the path in my arms....it was a precious moment though!







3 comments:

Katie said...

You two are the cutest and coolest parents ever.

Heather said...

WOW! how amazing!!! how darling her sleeping in that backpack! that is darling!!

Jenny said...

Annie,
This is Jenny Evans. I wrote a few comments a long time ago before I understood that you had to approve them before I could see them, so I wrote several of the save thing, sorry. But I just wanted to tell you how cute your family is! Seeing that it is possible to do a 14 mile hike with a baby gives me so much hope! Thanks for this post and let me know if you have any suggestions on buying a baby backpack. You guys are awesome!