Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yes, yet another trip to Utah!










Since Tate will not be going on the extended Family trip this year I decided I had better fly her out to see the Family before she is walking and talking. We had a great time attending the REAL soccer game, going to the zoo with cousins and swimming at Grandpa's condo. While I was there I decided to get some good bonding time in with Jenny so I decided to get involved in one of her favorite past times these days...running. Now those of you who know me, or did back in my high school days, recall I use to do this quite often and for good reason back then. I ran to clear my head of stress with dating, work and the pressures of school. Now that I am free from those running has become more of a chore. So while in Utah, Jenny's enthusiasm encouraged me to sign up for a local race (10K)to benifit something to do with eyes(?). So what did I do to prepare...I woke up that morning, after not running in a few weeks, and prayed that I would cross the finish line. Well I did it! I fininshed the 5k loop before heading back to the finish line. I secretly peeled off my sticker, that indicated I was running the 10k, and headed back with the majority of the crowd. I know this is bold to be posting a confession like this on the web, but hey, I am amazed that I ran at all on that very hot day! Overall Utah was a blast and I can't wait to go again soon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

SOOO awesome! i am soo glad that you got to have so much fun!!! and way to go on the run! that is impressive! it really is a great accomplishment!
you guys are so cute! tatum is so SO beautiful!! Oh so sweet!
sounds like tons of fun!

Emily Smoot said...

Annie- I miss you guys!!! please please bring her to Hawaii....its on me